Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feeling STUCK

I'll apologize first, this may be long, and you may stop reading but I promise there is a bottom line to all of this rambling.

Yesterday, I was eating lunch with a friend, and while we were eating, she received a phone call that was a real "blow" to "her" plans. (Prov. 16:9; Psa. 18:30a). After she hung up, her exact words were "I just feel stuck!" I told her that I so resonated with her because of things going on in my life that I TOO, feel stuck.

Trying to be a supporting friend, I sat and told her all of the cliches of "well, you know there's a reason and sometimes we just have to wait on God's timing." Okay, I know sometimes you just should listen, but I think I was preaching to myself. I told my friend how I've been studying verses in the Bible that deal with waiting (Lam. 3:24; Psa 24:14;Psa. 38:15).

Several weeks ago, God showed me that sometimes we just have to "wait" while a season of life or situation has to work out according to his plan. So, that's what I've been doing (WAITING). Last night, while seeking answers to the many questions I have, I ran across this verse. I read the verse, and just kept rereading this verse. I knew God was wanting to show me something in this verse.

So I started asking questions and God began to show me some things. That is why I'm blogging, I can't keep this "revelation" a secret, what He showed me was profound to me, and hopefully, someone can relate.

HERE is the verse that I read: "Because of my chains most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." Philippians 1:14

Okay here are my questions, that I started posing to God and myself:

"What are you trying to tell me, God, I'm not in chains -- but what am I in???

My answer: I'm in a ugly situation --- it's painful, it's humiliating, it's scary, it has evaded my personal life, my future. This situation is a consequence for a prayless decision that I made over 5 years ago.

Next Question: "What have I done while in this situation??"

My answer: I've cried, I've searched scripture -- I found answers. I've cried out to God, I've prayed; I've studied God's word --- I found truth. I've cried to others; I've sought guidance from God; I've sought counsel from godly people I trusted --- I've received blessings. I've told others of my situation; I've told others my revelations from God; I've shared God's faithfulness in my life --- I found faith in God.

Even though this list is beneficial to me, I'm still stuck in this situation with all of its uncertainty, fear, betrayal, pain. I want to know "WHY & WHAT good is it doing?"

So I continued my questions: What is God doing while I'm STUCK in this situation?

My answer (or his): He's holding me up by his righteous right hand (Psa. 63:8); The verse I read tells me that he is allowing some to be encouraged by my experience in seeking and finding you; he's allowing my openess about my situation -- to help some share "their" own story with someone else.

My response: "If this is why I'm stuck here in my "chains"; then that's pretty cool. I can live with that because if that's what God's doing -- then my messy situation that I'm stuck in isn't so messy, it's pretty awesome." I'm being used by him and didn't even realize it.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking --- "You got ALL that from that one verse?" Yep, sure did!!! Do you have a situation in your life that you feel "stuck" in??

Take heart, if you are seeking HIM, some things are happening that are beneficial to you; and He's using you to encourage others.

No comments: