Monday, August 23, 2010

God in a Box????

Do you have God in a Box?? We've all heard, "Our God is too big to be put in a box." And HE IS, but at times I know that I've been guilty of doing just that. Why? Maybe it's because I'm thinking that my situation or problems are too small or insignificant for him, and therefore, I won't bother him. But in truth, I was actually putting him in a box.

Recently, while I was doing my Bible study lesson, I came across something so profound that I just felt compelled to share with others. In the Bible study Faithful, Abundant, True, Pricilla Shirer speaks to the concept of putting God in a box. She writes:


"When you put God in a box and close the lid,
that doesn't limit God.
It only limits your awaremness of God.
He's still moving & speaking
YET you can be unaware of His transcendence,
His greatnessand his ability because
its outside your little box with the lid on it!"

The part of that statement that just hits me hard and makes me say "OUCH!" is...... "it only limits your awareness of God." He's still there being God and doing all the things his plan entails, however, I may be missing it because I've put a limit on what he can do. How sad is that???

Does that mean that when we ask for the "big" things he's gonna always answer in a big way? I don't think so. Pricilla Shirer writes:

"Whether God moves is a question of His sovereignty, not his ability.
What he does is his business, but believing HE CAN is ours."

Bottom Line???? I'm not putting Him in a box anymore!!! I don't want to miss him because the lid is on my box. I want to see him moving and being BIG.
Thank you for allowing me to share. I hope you have a blessed day!

"...how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11






No comments: